2 Great New Gift Ideas for Wood Turners
Wood turners are quite content in their sheds, working at the lathe. What better gift than something that makes that experience even better?
As most of you know, I set up You Turn to share with wood turners around the world the knowledge that I’ve gained through decades of working in wood. As part of that goal, I run a store through which I make available products that I use myself in the course of making the bowls and grinders that I supply to shops and galleries.
What’s different about the new products I’m announcing here is that I designed and manufactured them myself. I reckon they’ll make a great gift for a wood turner, on the grounds that they’re really well designed and made for daily work at the lathe, and not available anywhere else.
You Turn Wood Turner’s Jacket.
For some time now I have been on a quest to find the ultimate woodturner’s jacket. This quest proved unrewarding so I decided to design one myself and have it made. After extensive testing and refinement the result is the new You Turn woodturner’s jacket which I had made in Australia and is now available in 5 different size (M – XXXL) and 3 colours (blue, green and beige).
- a comfortable, high collar (with plenty of adjustment) to prevent chips going where you don’t want them,
- a pencil and glasses pocket on both sleeves,(good for right and left handers).
- two pockets on the back of the jacket where all sorts of things can be stored apart from wood shavings,
- a light cotton/polyester fabric suitable for warmer conditions,(the loose fit will accommodate plenty of layers underneath for when the weather is cool).
- full length zip,
- adjustable sleeve-tabs for safety and
- an embroidered You Turn logo.
Limited Edition Gouge
This bowl gouge is a collaboration with Woodcut Tools and You Turn. I have taken my favourite bowl gouge (the Woodcut Pro Tip bowl gouge) and put it on one of my own handles using one of my favourite timbers, Buloke. The result of this marriage is a bowl gouge unequalled in performance.
This will be a genuine limited edition with only 50 of each size being produced. There are two sizes available, 10mm & 13mm (3/8″ & 1/2″) and the ‘You Turn with Brendan Stemp’ logo is laser engraved on the handle. I have even included my signature chatter pattern on the end of the handle. Everything about these gouges oozes quality and I am sure you will love using either of them.
I am presently taking orders and they will be ready for shipping on 14th Nov. 2014.